Here are just a few comments from our past guests.
THE TINY HOUSE (TREECYCLE)
1. The tree cycle in the Travis Heights neighborhood was the perfect home base for exploring the beauty of Austin. (10-15 min walk from s. Congress)The tiny house was both quaint, and yet ornate in its design. Charlotte was fabulous and always quick to respond. I would highly recommend staying here if the opportunity arises. We can’t wait to come back!!
2. Lovely, clean and cozy space in the best possible location!!
3. The tiny house was incredible to stay in! The bed was extremely comfortable and the home had everything we needed. It was a quick mile walk to South Congress, but in a secluded enough private neighborhood to feel safe and rest well. I absolutely loved the experience and will certainly plan on staying in another tiny house in the future!
4. Thanks for another great stay. We really loved the tiny house and definitely hope it will be available again the next time we visit family down the street. It is so thoughtfully built, arranged, and appointed!
5. The Treecycle was the perfect “homebase” for our quick trip to Austin. The location was perfect! Catching an Uber downtown was cheap, and it also was a great spot for using the scooter rentals. Since we mainly needed a place to lay down at night, the tiny house was just the right size for us. It was a little chilly during our visit but a space heater kept it nice and cozy inside. Charlotte was always speedy with responses. Definitely recommend and would absolutely stay here again if we are in the area!
6. Our stay in Charlotte’s tiny home couldn’t have been more perfect for our stay in Austin. It had everything we needed. The home is exactly as pictured, very clean, cozy, and the finishing touches were beautiful! Her and her husband put a lot of thought into the placement of everything. Charlotte was very quick to respond with any questions. We look forward to coming back to stay next time we come to Austin! Thanks again for a wonderful stay!
7. This tiny house was amazing. The perfect amount of room for me and my boyfriend. The detail of the space and the use of space was just amazing. The host were so welcoming and amazing. They gave us really great tips and for sure made us feel like the space was ours. The location was beautiful as well the other house were amazing and we walked to and from downtown most of the time and didn’t have any issues with it. Will definitely be returning to this place when I make another trip out here.
1. This evening I am feeling a little melancholy; missing Austin and your Forest Retreat. We had a very short time together and I never had a chance to let you know that all of the details of The Retreat from your stunning photography on the walls, thoughtfully stocked kitchen, extra blankets, push-button locks, and of course everywhere Wolf’s woodworking all came together as a perfect spot for us. We arrived depleted (it had been a challenging few months previously personally) and over time your place slowly nurtured us and in varying ways re-energized both of us.
2. This place is amazing, so peaceful and calming! I loved it and can’t wait to return. As others mentioned, I saw a few bugs but it’s to be expected in the gorgeous woodsy environment, and it was only one or two every day or so. Charlotte responds immediately to messages and they are excellent hosts! Highly recommend this little house!!
3. I just spent a solo month here and spent a lot of time wondering just what made this place feel so special. One major factor involves scale. This sweet casita has all of the standard spaces that one would expect as well as a great little private covered patio. But each area is sized so that it feels quite comfortable. The vaulted ceilings, fantastic woodwork, photographs, and a host of small touches combine to make it seem both airy and connected to the surrounding urban woodland. I actually felt that I could live here for years. It’s plenty large enough for a couple as well. The kitchen is well-equipped and everything works well. The queen bed is comfy and there’s plenty of storage- the owners don’t store any of their personal belongings here. Shower has good water pressure. If one is inclined to write there is a great work space. Just like at home, every game or show was taped, then viewed without commercials. Location is always crucial. Travis Heights is a lovely neighborhood with a lot of well-designed, unique homes. It’s quiet but an easy walk into the core areas. East 6th, South Congress, Rainey Avenue, the University area, Zilker Park, and the river walk are all within an easy walk. I had a bike and car but almost always walked. The place is oriented in a way that provides woodland views from every window. The hosts home is just a few steps away but one would never know it from inside as no windows are pointed that way. A little brook runs just a few feet from the patio. While in the heart of a major city it almost felt like staying in a campground. One unexpected bonus was the fact that laundry facilities- free of charge yet -are right next door.
4. What a beautiful spot. As described – 8 blocks to trendy SoCo, about a 30 minute walk (or a quick, cheap cab – $7) to the convention centre/downtown Austin but it feels like you are at a cottage. It’s quiet, serene – you are surrounded by nature. In true Austin style, Charlotte & Wolf are artists, and the personalized touches throughout the Forest Retreat make it special. Communication was easy, quick and efficient. Recommend for anyone who wants a unique spot surrounded by nature so close to everything Austin has to offer.
5, Great clean and quiet place to relax and take in Austin. It was especially easy access to South Congress and and the neighboring areas. Everything was clean and as described with zero issues. I will certainly stay here again when traveling to Austin.
6. This was the perfect location for our stay, we love Travis Heights and the apartment maximized the surrounding greenery through lots of windows and natural light. Charlotte was extremely responsive and went out of her way to ensure we had everything we needed. I would highly recommend the Forest Retreat to anyone looking to get the full Austin experience. We hope to be back!
7. Very charming space and neighborhood. We loved being in this gorgeous wooded setting and still being conveniently located to almost all the activities we wanted to do around Austin. Also loved all the detailed hand carved wood work and beautiful photos around the house! Thank you!
8. I came to Austin by myself for a small get away. This little house was perfect for me. Nice and quiet and situated close to downtown. I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely come back! The house was clean and comfortable.
9. The host was super responsive and always readily available to answer questions and assist us. We never met her because she was away for the weekend but didn’t need anything and felt taken care of. We SO loved the privacy of the home. It was extremely accesible with the bus stop nearby and since Uber nor Lyft are available anymore, when we needed a car we used Get Me. The neighborhood was very very nice to walk around and several times we made long walks (15-20 minutes) to enjoy the houses/environment. It felt really safe. Overall, this was the PERFECT GETAWAY. The house is exactly as pictured and extremely cozy. Everything worked great. We will definitely come back!
THE TREE HOUSE
1. You can expect to walk into a little bit of paradise at the Tree House. So beautiful and peaceful! It’s hard to believe you can actually walk to the city from this tranquil forest retreat! Sit on the deck, literally surrounded by trees, and enjoy your coffee and the sunrise. Immaculate and comfortable. Welcoming hosts! Can’t wait to return!
2. My partner and I stayed at the tree house for a 4-night romantic getaway at the end of June. It was a wonderful shady retreat from the intense summer heat of Austin. Very comfortable and quiet space, uniquely and tastefully decorated, perfect for two people. The kitchen is well-appointed, and we loved having breakfast on the back deck every morning. It’s everything we expected, and having this place as home base for our first visit to Austin made our time there so much more special.